Friday, May 30, 2014

oh, hello!


Hi there!

It would appear that life has completely gotten in the way of being able to blog.  That, and the fact that I have SO much to blog about and post about that I just can't yet! I find it hard to think about anything other then my house right now, we knew what we were getting into but this has been crazy!


I'm going to be doing an overhaul of this blog and starting (just about) from scratch. I've never been able to pin-point exactly what I want this blog to reflect but I've got some great stuff coming and I hope you'll join me!  In the next few weeks, I'll be posting some pictures of my home renovation. I mean from the very day we took possession to the dirty stuff like being knee deep in insulation and then hopefully the finished product, bit by bit!  I want to inspire young couples to not be afraid to jump in and tackle something like we did, its a very rewarding way to get into home ownership!

Let's just say -- when I say renovation, that's an understatement!  When we purchased the house, it was bad.  The home had been smoked in for years and years.  The carpet was blue and green, and the house was so compartmentalized.  We tore the ENTIRE thing apart, right down the studs.  As you'll see over the course of the next few weeks, sometimes it looks like although we had made progress, that we took 2 steps back.  We would get things cleaned up, only to have to dirty it all over again.

I hope you`ll join me as I start to show you the progress of our home!

No comments: