Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Eclectic Mess

I look at my Etsy shop and start to wonder what direction I am heading in.  You see pillows, cases, covers, jewlery, supplies (buttons) and clothing.  I tend to make whatever comes to me, and roll with that for a little.  I look at it and see an "eclectic mess".  I guess I like to keep it fresh and new.  I am hoping to get things to look a little more "uniform".  I have learned that part of selling things frequently is having a great picture, and what seems to be SOMETHING in common.  Using the same background or same prop in every photo.  A word to the wise.  A great picture sells. 

I would like to thank the people who support handmade.  It's a tough industry to break into and to get your name out there.  I remember looking at my Etsy page one day and seeing upwards of 100 views.  Those views were from numerous different websites and from all over the world.  Being apart of the handmade industry is great.  You meet some very talented people, and it's a very rewarding form of Art. 

No comments: