Wednesday, September 26, 2012

A Vintage Pop

 
 
I've been so inpired by the fall fashion this season.  It's leather jacket, combat boots and scarf time.  It's chunky sweater, leggings and riding boots time.  This season just screams comfort to me, and I'm all about comfort.  One thing you should know about me - is that I can't wear headbands.  Especially the hard ones.  They slip off my head, they dig into that spot just behind my ear or they just don't sit right..they literally cause me headaches!  That's were comfy cotton headbands come in.  Yes, sometimes they still do slip off but I like to attempt to wear one, once in awhile.  Plus, how cute would this piece be to finish off that fall outfit? Even for the winter, providing just the right pop of colour and style. 
 
 
 
I had this lovely fabric passed down to me from a friend.  I can't remember what she used it for, but it's sat in my room for the past few months.  I wasn't exactly sure what to make with it.  One of my customers gave me the great idea to make headbands with it and well...here it is!  I love getting feedback and ideas from my customers.."help a brotha out!!"  I eventually thought I'd want to make into a sweet vintage skirt or a floral blazer but I thought I'd atleast make a few headbands out of it first.  On the plus side -- there is lots left! Watch to see what I create with it next.
 
 
 
 

No comments: