Monday, October 22, 2012

Bright Lights, Big City

It's Monday morning, and I need a coffee. 

You'd be suprised to know, that I had my first coffee probably only a year ago.  I made it through highschool and college without drinking a single coffee.  I still don't drink much of it, but I definatley need the help on a day like today. 

I spent last weekend in Toronto.  My dad grew up on a farm, and my mom joined him when they met so I'm not sure where this love of a big city came from.  I think it is the appeal of jumping into something so unknown and very different from my normal life. I have no idea how to navigate the city, but there is definatley apart of me that is dying to figure it all out.  Not to mention the fact that there is an entire district dedicated to fabric!  Anyways, my weekend in the city is exactly what I needed.  I promised myself I'd leave my worries at home, as hard as that is, and enjoy myself.  We stayed with friends in a cute little condo.  We spend the weekend doing brewery tours, eating great food, and doing a little shopping.  The unfortunate thing, is that I'm sold.  After our outing to the beautiful distillery district, I know where I want to be.  Have you ever been faced with something like this? I keep telling myself I'd be crazy to give up the full-time job I have.  But what do you do? Do you follow your feet, and jump into something totally crazy and unknown, or stay in the comfort of what you already know? Maybe it was the poutine that sold me...


Hello, House of Poutine. We will make the best of friends.
 
 
Shortly after I got back, I finally got my new fabric in the mail! And of course, didn't wait long before I turned it into something fabulous. Check em out!

 
 
All up for sale now on my Etsy page!
 
I have lots of news coming up, that I can't wait to slowly share with you all! Remember that I have my Christmas show coming up on November 18th, in Kitchener! Here is the link for their blog, you can find all the vendors that are slowly being added to the venue; http://craftershow.blogspot.ca/p/vendor-list.html.  I hope to see you there! 
 
 

 

No comments: