Thursday, November 29, 2012

Dear Santa + Preview

Have you started Christmas shopping? I haven't. I'm the person you see rushing around at 8:30 pm on Christmas Eve tying up some loose ends.  I have to buy for about 10 people, not including the little gifts I'll get for my coworkers.  I have 1 gift and 1 on the way..horrible, right? It doesn't help that I'm extremely indecisive.  "Maybe he will like this, but maybe he doesn't need it though.." I'm a big supporter of " one for you, one for me.." at this time of year.  I ask people what they want for Christmas, but I don't really listen.  I like the suprise from people when they get something they didn't expect.  I put a lot of thought into what to get people.  Thankfully, this year..I've thought a lot about what I'm getting people.  This isn't usually the case, especially not this early.

So I mentioned a big announcement last post, and that was that I am coming out with a clothing line! It's exciting for me.  I'm not big on making clothes but I wanted to give it a shot.  I've never done anything like this before.  I've been so inspired by certain fabrics and some DIY projects I've come across (thank you Pinterest..).  It's going to be comfortable, and classy.  I want you to be able to wear it to work and then wear it out on a dinner date, but most important -- to feel like yourself in it.  It is going to be flirty, and sexy.  It is going to involve pieces made from scratch and repurposed/upcycled pieces.  Everything deserves a second chance!

So, with that being said..I have a sneak peek for you! It's not much, but I'm already in love with this piece.  It's flirty and fun with a little ruffle at the top.

The tank is just for show.  I love the ruffled detail at the top, and a very easy piece for first time sewers! I hope you like it.

What you can't see in that picture (thank god..) is how much of a mess I've manage to make the spare room.  Thread attaches to everything.

I finished a custom pillow last night, and I'm in love.  I can't wait to make myself one!  The oversized buttons from The Hickory Tree, is exactly what it needed! 

 
Goodluck with your Christmas shopping,  and maybe I'll cross paths with you rushing around last minute.
 
 
XOXO






No comments: