Sunday, August 12, 2012

A Blast From The Past



This weekend was kind of low-key.  I managed to get quite a bit of sewing done, so I can't complain! I wanted to go out and watch the meteor shower Saturday night, but it was just too cloudy :( Boo.  I have a few days to catch it though!

So Saturday during the day, I attended a Bridal Shower.  Actually, it was the only one I have ever been too! The coolest part -- was that it was themed "Old Hollywood Glamour".  I attempted the whole look, but it didn't work out so well.  I got the sideswept hair, and the lipstick though.  That's about all I could attempt!  The party added to the inspiration I had for a vintage collection of my own.  So, that's what I've been working on ALL weekend.  I also loved the oppourtunity to make something one of a kind for the bride...

A perfect companion on her honeymoon!! And she loved it...phew!

It was after the Bridal Shower that I got to work on my vintage collection and here it is!!!










I hope everyone likes it! For my next piece, I came across the fabric at last years One of A Kind Show.  I can't remember the name of the vendor, but I bought this cool handprinted fabric.  I thought it was just the cutest fabric and I had to have it.  Amost a year later and I STILL didn't know what to make with it...although I had attempted different things with it by this point.  I decided to make this guy!


And I just love him!


Thanks for reading guys, and I hope you like my new collection! I'm quite excited about it and I'd love to know that you think! Thanks again for all your continued support.

Hayley


No comments: