Monday, August 27, 2012

Dabble On!

Yesterday I saw my little brother off to college.  I cried like a baby! I'm going to miss him very much.  Okay, so he is only an hour away but it was still a big move! I'm also very excited for him.  Everyone in my family is very artistic and he has been the only one to pursue that through school, so to say the least -- I'm very proud of him.  I miss him already though!

So onto my next blog.  If you didn't already notice...I dabble.  I dabble in just about everything. When I first started sewing I was really interested in making clothes.  Now, not so much.  I'm not sure why -- I guess I can't really invest the time that it takes to make a piece of clothing just yet.  The odd time -- I love to whip something up though.  I don't use patterns, like ever.  Which may sound odd.  Atleast everything is truly one of a kind.  Okay, enough babbling. I bought a poncho last winter from Forever 21.  I REALLY liked it, and then I came across this awesome fabric and I couldn't see it being made into anything besides a PONCHOO. Here it is!



Don't you agree?! Unfortunatley, this guy sold :( and not too long ago either..I guess you could say I miss it.  I should probably make myself one.  I can just picture it with some ripped jeans and your favourite pair of TOMS.   It's perfect for fall -- and you know how much I love fall...



I've gotten WAY off track.  I wanted to talk about and show you guys about the work that I do on the side.  I've had friends come to me and ask me for certain things.  I love when they do this :) A few week ago I made 4 pillows for a friends outdoor patio furniture...she picked the fabric and I made the pillows!

 
 
They turned out great. The order also included 2 of these beach bags;
 
 
The fabric was great to work with and the colours are awesome.  Good thing is that I still have lots of this fabric left!!
 
So, there is a few things I obviously dabble in.  I think being a dabbler is great, I get to explore my options and really test my skills. My advice; Dabble on!
 
 
 
 

No comments: